Engineer: Alaa Noori
Experience Period: 14 years
Nationality: Saudi Arabian
Place of birth: Saudi Arabia, Makkah
Year of birth: 1981
Social status: Married, have 4 sons
Permanent residence: Saudi Arabia, Jeddah
Current residence: Saudi Arabia, Jeddah
Mobile Phone: +966 505893656
Specialised mechanical engineer, have more than 13 years of experience between technical and management. have many achievements in technical issue solving, management upgrades and cost reduction.
Senior Sales Engineer
Ebara Corporation Full-time
May 2021 – Present
Founder & Director of Eng. Alaa Noori Mechanical Engineering Consultation Office
Eng. Alaa Noori Mechanical Engineering Consultation Office
Jul 2020 – Present
Location: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer at SADAF Company (SABIC Group)
May 2017 – Jul 2020
Technical support senior engineer, Rotating Equipment Group, handling technical support, covering: procedures review and update, defect elimination studies, RCA, rotating equipment issues troubleshooting, follow rotating equipment overhaul, rotating equipment upgrades, maintenance cost reductions, spare parts cost reductions, follow rotating equipment reverse engineering, follow rotating equipment commissioning, technical lead for rotating equipment orders, Inspect and witnessed testing of purchased rotating equipment, etc…
Solved very hot issues at my first year:
* 20 years threat, solved finally, by full modification on a vacuum pump, which cost the company 100’s of millions for the repairs and shutdown along the past 20 years.
* Centrifugal air compressor continues off load hidden issue solved by proving it is control valve fluctuation, and provide a temporary solution.
* Turbine overhauling concentricity stopper, been solved by a modification, which could delay the overhauling job for months and cost the company a lot for production loss.
Maintenance Shops Division Manager at Rabigh Power Planet, Saudi Electricity Company
March 2016 – April 2017 (1 year & 1 month )
Managing maintenance workshops (59 employees) as management and technical quality assurance, for equipments
repair and spare parts manufacturing, covering the following sections:
Rotating equipment overhauling
Mobile equipment and crane operation
Rotating equipment parts manufacturing
Rotating equipment oiling and greasing
Instrumentation equipment calibration
Valves test and repair in workshop and at site
– Build full spare parts manufacturing program and implemented for sump pumps. the idea of this program is to save at cost of the spare parts price and their storing. started with a target of 37 sump pump and saved 2 million Saudi Riyals at only these first pumps, while the target is more than 500 pumps at Saudi Electricity Company power plants.
– Build mechanical coupling manufacturing program. a CNC machine requested for this and for other purposes and installed and get at service at 2016. The target design was, direct fit and push pin coupling design. it save the cost of price and storing.
– Leader of the program of “Improvement of disposal of oil residues at phase VII of the plant”
– Leader of the program of “study the standardization of the mechanical coupling of the pumps in the plant”
Mechanical Maintenance Shop Section Head at Rabigh Power Planet, Saudi Electricity Company
June 2012 – March 2016 (3 years 10 months)
My role was to manage and upgrade the technical and management work flow at the mechanical maintenance shops (25 employees), which has the following sections:
Rotating equipment overhauling Welding
Mobile equipment and crane operation
– Ash unloading system modification. The unloading system was only a silo that has a opening under it to drop the fly ash to the track, which cause the fly ash to distribute every where, fly by the surrounding air. I lead a team for the modification of that system which connect the silo directly to the track, to ensure 99.99% of the ash will stay inside the track. The modification was simple, and implemented cheaply, its cost only about 2000 USD per unit. It is easy for installation, it can be installed by only one operator, and can be repaired if has any problem by only tow technician.
– An emergency pump repair, standby sea water pump modification to recover the pump as soon as possible. Had a sea water pump that had many parts destroyed totally, the original parts need 8 months for delivery, the parts was rebuild with new design, because the old design cannot be recovered as it was, while the pump needed urgently at operation. and returned to operation within 3 months after modified.
– Sea water pump impeller material replacement, the impeller had material of compost of bronze and aluminium, which was yearly get lower performance because of impeller diameter get smaller by erosion. the new material chosen as duplex stainless steel. the threat was killed, and the performance continue more than 95% for the next 2 years (till I left the power plant)
– Made many modifications on centrifugal pumps to improve their reliability, like: replace materials with higher grade, change the bearing lubrication plane, change the oil seal plan, etc…
Rotating Equipment Engineer at Ghazlan Power Planet, Saudi Electricity Company
December 2008 – June 2012 (3 years 7 months)My role was mechanical technical support engineer at technical support division, rotating equipment section
My duty was to follow a list of the power plant’s rotating equipments and do the following assignments:
Investigate and solve threats
Follow spare part orders as per quality assurance program
Follow the corrective maintenance
Follow the modification of an equipment or a system as required by my leader
Review and modify the schedule of shutdown maintenance
– At my third month working at the power plant, 2009, I got employee of the month, due to solve hidden vibration problem at a mid size sea water pump.
– At 2011, I got employee of the month 3 times at the same year for the months: July, August and October, due to solve big plant threats in different areas.
– At 2012, I got employee of the month for JUN, due to solve accumulated problems at the trash rack equipment.
– I got employee of the year at 2011.
– Modify the stop log seal from expensive P-shap seal to cheep and available at market material.
Rotating Equipment Engineer at Al-Ittefaq Steel Products Factory (ISPF), Al Tuwairqi Group
May 2007 – December 2008 (1 year 8 months)
Rotating equipments Follow from mechanical point of view to ensure continues operation without disturbance, and ask mechanical maintenance to solve any problem that I discover, arrange the best timing to do the maintenance
Trainee at Saudi Aramco
February 2004 – August 2004 (7 months)
At Dammam fixed wing maintenance hangar
Joined all of the maintenance departments to learn how the work process is going:
Regular checks hanger
– Lean Six Sigma
– Effective communication skills
– Herman Brain Dominance Instrument
– Interaction in Work Place
– The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
– Certified Quality Management Professional – Certified Program
– Administrative Empowerment Skills
– Administrative and Leadership Skills
– Management Writing and Reporting Skills
– Pumps & Compressors Operation, Maintenance & Troubleshooting
– Medical and Industrial Sensors
– Craft Appreciation for Engineers
– Bearing Maintenance & Troubleshooting
– Vibration Analysis For Engineers
– Pump Installation and Maintenance
– Advanced Reliability Centered Maintenance Master Class Course
– Dooasn Factory Training Certificate (Steam Turbine and Auxiliary Maintenance and Operation)
– NDT Certification Statement – Ultrasonic Test
– Steam Boilers – Operation Maintenance and Control System
– Sologic Root Cause Analyst Level 1
– Troubleshooting and repair of hydraulic system
Skills & Expertise
* Troubleshooting, highly experienced in troubleshooting any issue at a mechanical or electromechanical system, and root cause determination.
* Provide the best solution for an issue, covering the best cost, quality, repair duration following the standard and safety requirements.
* Modify and upgrade a mechanical system if required; Done many modification and upgrades to mechanical systems, such as pumps, unloading system, water isolation system, and can do more.
King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals
Aerospace (Aeronautical and Astronautical) Engineering, 2000 – 2006
Activities and Societies: I was the president of the aerospace engineering club at its second year, pushed the technical club to get the best technical club at its third year.
Automobile improvements, updates and design
Electronic devices history and future